French Language Training
French is one of the world’s major languages. It is a main or official language not just in France, but in parts of Belgium and Switzerland, in Monaco, in parts of Canada – notably but not only in Quebec – as well as being widely spoken in north and west Africa, Lebanon, and parts of south-east Asia, particularly in former French colonies. It is an official or a main second language in 55 countries worldwide, and is reputed to be the foreign language which is most widely used in international communications, after English. Almost 300 million people speak French as their native language or as a second language.
Until the early twentieth century, French was the language of diplomacy, and one of the two main languages of international negotiation; today it is one of the six official languages of the United Nations, and one of the two official languages, with English, of the International Postal Union, of the International Olympic Committee, the International Red Cross, and other organizations. It is also an official language in the Channel Islands of Jersey and Guernsey.
LEVEL A1BREAKTHROUGH OR BEGINNER:
- Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type.
- Can introduce him/herself and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people he/she knows and things he/she has.
- Can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
LEVEL A2WAYSTAGE OR ELEMENTARY:
- Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
- Can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- Can describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
LEVEL B1THRESHOLD OR INTERMEDIATE:
- Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise while traveling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Can produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
LEVEL B2VANTAGE OR UPPER INTERMEDIATE:
- The overriding goal is an adequate oral and written use of the basic language, making it possible for the student to participate verbally in the most important everyday situations.
- To talk and write about typical events in everyday German life, as well as about the preferences of Germans.
- To understand and discuss important information about organizing time on the job and in private life; to present one’s opinion, and to develop possible solutions.
- To understand, compose and summarize information about historical events.
- To describe possible future events, ideas and wishes, and to be able to discuss their advantages and disadvantages.
LEVEL C1EFFECTIVE OPERATIONAL PROFICIENCY OR ADVANCED:
- Can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognize implicit meaning.
- Can express ideas fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
- Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
- Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organizational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
LEVEL C2MASTERY OR PROFICIENCY:
- Can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read.
- Can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation.
- Can express him/herself spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations.
Reserve Your Seat
Fill in the Form below to reserve your Seat Asap!